ACLED conflict data for African states from 1997 – December 2013 is available in Version 4 of the the ACLED dataset. Realtime data for 2014 is collected and published on a monthly basis, and will continue to be made available through the Climate Change and African Political Stability (CCAPS) website and on this page.
Due to the realtime nature of data collection which results in occasional reporting lags, and/or insufficient detail in early event reports for inclusion in the dataset, a small number of events in the 2014 data pre-date this period. These have been coded and published for the first time in 2014 and do not duplicate any events found in the full published dataset. Data files are updated in the first week of each month covering the previous month’s events. The data files below include a single running file for all 2014 data, and monthly data files.
Note: As of May 2014, ACLED has been piloting weekly data collection and publication for a selection of high-priority Sub-Saharan African countries, including Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan. As of August 2014, ACLED is piloting full realtime coverage for all African states, including North African countries previously available as monthly updates only. Data files will continue to be updated weekly (below) with monthly data files added in due course.
Please check back for updates, or sign up to our mailing list to receive email alerts, data files and publications from ACLED directly.
2014 Realtime Complete All Africa File
- Realtime 2014 All Africa File (xls) (last updated: 20th September 2014)
2014 Realtime Monthly All Africa File
- Realtime August 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime July 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime June 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime May 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime April 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime March 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime February 2014 All Africa File (xls)
- Realtime January 2014 All Africa File (xls)